Friday, May 08, 2009

Review: Observe and Report (2009)


I think I had a lot of smart things to say about this movie when I saw it nearly two weeks ago. But it's all gone.

I enjoyed Observe and Report for the most part. It's very angry. Seth Rogen's character Ronnie is the head of Mall Security and he believes his dreams may be realized when a Flasher attacks the parking lot. Ronnie suffers from Bipolar disorder, making him unstable and aggressive. It's only funny if you're amused by mostly morbid stuff. Luckily I was able to see the humor in most of it. I really felt like the film wasn't going anywhere. It was only 90 minutes but it felt like 2 hours. Very meandering. When I mentioned this to someone else, he said that it seems like that's Jody Hill's style. I suppose The Foot Fist Way was also a wandering film, but it did more for me.

Still, the end was awesome, and that's what matters: End strong.

Recommended? That's your call.

Grade: C+
(20)

No comments: