Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I love this guy: Josh Brolin



Hopefully this will be a new segment that I can keep going, because I love sooo many people.

Josh Brolin is one of the coolest actors working right now and probably most in-demand. At the end of 2007, he was my favorite actor of the year, along with Ben Foster. I mean, how could he not be? Check out the resume, and the excellent facial hair:


Robert Rodriguez's GRINDHOUSE segment: Planet Terror. Plays a bad guy but honestly I can't see a bad thing about him. If I was Marley Shelton would I rather be getting off with Fergie or Josh Brolin? Fucking Josh Brolin, that's who.


In the unfortunate and anti-climactic Ridley Scott picture American Gangster, Brolin plays a corrupt cop with a killer 'stache. The anti-Russell Crowe, if you will. His performance and presence in the movie is so subtle. If that movie had come out this year, he would've probably gotten third billing. Nevertheless, it took me a very long time to even notice him, but that's not his fault. it's the fucking movie's fault.


The stunning Best Picture winner No Country for Old Men from the Coen brothers. His performance is so fabulous and low key. I love his interactions with Kelly MacDonald, and pretty much with everyone else. Too bad he had to die.

And also too bad he's married to Diane Lane, who has one of the worst hollywood careers right now.

Josh, you can do so much better.

He was of course dead on with his portrayal of George W. Bush in Oliver Stone's decent biopic W. And I can't wait to see him play antagonist to Sean Penn's Harvey Milk in Gus Van Sant's Milk, coming out later this month. Can Josh Brolin do no wrong? As far as I can see, I'd say yes.

No comments: