Monday, September 21, 2009

Review: Taking Woodstock (2009)


I apologize for being away for so long. I have, like, 4 other blogs, and all my children were suffering equally.

Also I completely forgot that I saw this movie, and therefore forgot to write a review. Because, as I have said, I hate writing them.

But, let's see. This is an odd film. In 1969.. Woodstock happened. We know about that. That's not really what this film is about. It's about the guy who brought Woodstock to his hometown, and the hijinks that ensued for those couple weeks. Demetri Martin is that guy. He plays the part very quietly, but it's a good performance. The supporting actors (Imelda Staunton, Eugene Levy, Liev Schreiber...) are all spot on, but nothing spectacular.

That's how this whole movie felt. Good; not great.

In fact, in a movie where everything is going on, nothing is happening. So, I felt confused as to why I was even watching. It's not too memorable. But it's finely made. I'm completely ambivalent. Bleh.

Recommended? Do what you want...

Grade: B-
(36)

1 comment: